Saturday, October 30, 2010

Big Brother

I dont think i can say enough about what a good big brother Brody is. He is such a big helper! Having him be almost 3 with a newborn around definitely has its perks! He loves to help and I definitely ask for his help alot:) Hes always going and getting things for me and he has the biggest smile on his face like he is so proud of himself when he does it! Yesterday, he tried to help a little too much though.....

Brody likes to help me give Levi his baths and I usually let him help rinse off the soap by pouring water over his belly and legs with a cup. Yesterday when i was bathing Levi, Brody said he was going to get the cup to rinse him off with.....well apparently he filled the cup up in the sink....with COLD water. I had my back to him and as i turned around to get the cup, Brody leaned over me and started to pour the water on Levi....thankfully he didnt pour much, but it was enough to make Levi scream at the top of his lungs. Brody knew he had done something wrong and had the saddest look on his face. He said "Im sorry, i will be a good boy, mommy! What did I do?!" He looked like he was going to cry:( He slowly walked out of the room and i called after him and asked where he was going. He said "I am going downstairs, cause i am sad:(" As much as i hated it for Levi that he got cold water poured on him, i couldnt get mad at Brody. Poor baby was trying to help and he was SOOO sad when he knew he had upset Levi.

Last night we went to homecoming at NRCA. I decided to leave Levi with mom and dad since it was supposed to get down in the 30s. We dropped Levi off with them, and were riding down the road when Brody all of a sudden realized Levi was not with us:) He said "mommy, Where is Levi!!" i reminded him that we left him with Nonna and PopPop and he said, " But i NEED my little brother!!" I love how much he already loves him...and im sure that love will continue to grow and Levi starts to interact more with him:)

1 comments:

gail said...

God has truly blessed you and Brian with a sweet "Big Brother"! He has such a tender heart. Meme loves you Brody and Levi, too!!!

 

Pageviews last month