Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Brody and his Paci

Brody has never been really attached to a blanket or stuffed animal. His love is for his paci. We thought about taking them away several times, but honestly I don't care that he has them. He only uses them to sleep...as long as he doesn't carry them around with him everywhere, I'm good with it:) On Sunday night we spent the night with my parents, and tragically Brody left his pacis at their house. We didn't figure it put until we put him in bed on Monday night. So I'm thinking maybe this is a good night to see if he can sleep without them! I tell him the sad news that his pacis are at Nonna's house. He gets the saddest look on his face like he just lost his best friend. I distract him with his nightly Bible story, and he seemed to forget about it for a few minutes. He quietly laid his head down on his pillow for a few seconds and then said "mommy? I don't know how to sleep by myself." I said "do you want me to lay down with you?" then he said " no mommy, I don't know how to sleep without my pacis". Oh it broke my heart! He didn't pitch a fit or get mad, he just genuinely had no clue how to go to sleep without them! So i pulled out a box of random pacis that we have. None of them are the kind that he likes. So he literally put every single one of them in his mouth until he found 2 that seemed to pass the test. He looked up and said "Them (these) are just perfect!" if sleeping with his pacis helps him not grow up so fast then he can have them until he's 16 for all I care:)

1 comments:

Sara said...

Aw..you have such a good attitude about it. Jayden is attached to his and his blanket so he'll prob be 16 with those lol.

 

Pageviews last month