I am near tears this morning.....Our dear friends, Paul and Megan, got word that they can go get their baby girl!! She is coming home from Ethiopia!
We met Paul and Megan 6 years ago. I was teaching the toddlers class at our church and their oldest son Luke, who was 1year old at the time was in my class. They now have 4 kids:) We became friends over the years and watched them move overseas. I remember them being pregnant with their little girl. I remember them getting to come back to the states for a visit when their youngest son (Levi) was just rolling around on our floor (and I was pregnant with OUR Levi at the time). That was 2 years ago and while they were visiting us, I remember sitting on our back porch with Megan discussing how we both had a heart for adoption. I had no clue we would end up where we are now! They are adopting through the same agency as ours and are about 6 months ahead of us in this process. Our girls are from the same exact place in Ethiopia (craziness!) and are just a few months apart.
Megan has been such a blessing in my life over the past few months. I have asked her a ridiculous amount of questions:) Even though she is half a world away we have spent many nights (her mornings) talking over facebook chat. Technology is an amazing thing....even though she is so far away that my nights are her days, we are able to talk almost every day.
Last night, I went to bed around midnight after talking to her, and the last thing I said to her was "I will go to sleep praying that you hear from the Embassy today!" I woke up this morning and the first thing I see on my phone is that they had been cleared by the Embassy to bring their baby girl HOME!!! They will leave in just a few days! I have been so blessed to get to watch their whole adoption process with a front row seat and see pictures of their little girl grow up in the same care center that our girl is in.
SO....Do you know what else this means!?!?! In just a few days not only will my dear friends be holding their daughter and bringing her home.....they are going to see our little girl too!! And love on her and dress her up in cute clothes and take lots of pictures for me:) Seriously....this is feeling more and more real everyday, but I am absolutely sure that when I see such close friends of mine holding our little girl, I. WILL. LOSE. IT!! Not lose it, in a bad way:) Just cry tears of happiness, that THAT is OUR little girl...with our dear friends! It doesn't get more real than that!
Congratulations, my dear sweet friend! Its been a journey and it is almost over! I cannot wait to see pictures of Meryn where she belongs!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment