WE ARE GOING TO SEE OUR GIRL!!! 3 weeks from today a Judge in Ethiopia will hopefully be telling us that she is ours:) Im still in shock that we have a court date. We were told it would be 2 weeks before we were assigned a court date. I was hoping we would possibly hear NEXT friday (which would still be early). In the 6 months we have been with our agency, I have never seen a court date given out so fast! The Lord has heard our prayers and we are so thankful that he has moved mountains so we could see our baby girl before the court closure!
Last night I spent the night at the lake with my parents in their new camper. I brought Levi along to "try out camping". We love camping and I wanted to see how he would do. Well...I will spare you the details, but it didnt go so well. Needless to say, I was exhausted so I went back to sleep while Mom and Dad took Levi on a walk. When I finally woke up, I checked my phone to see what time it was and I saw a missed call and voicemail from our agency. My brain was still foggy and I was trying to process why they would be calling me. It went something like this...
"wow, mom let me sleep late"
"I have a missed call from a Georgia area code"
"our agency is in GA!!"
"why would they be calling me?"
"It couldnt possibly be for a court date"
"It's WAY too soon"
"I hope nothing is wrong"
All of this while fumbling around trying to push the right buttons to listen to the voicemail from an unknown Georgia number. Then I heard my adoption coodinators voice and her say "Hi! I have good news!"
Best. Words. Ever!!!!
I barely heard the words, "you have a court date of August 3rd", before I started sobbing uncontrollably! I think I have been guarding my heart against getting super excited about possibly seeing our girl so soon. I have been hoping in the Lord that He would do this for us. But I have been trying not to get my hopes up in the event that the Lord decided something else was best for our family. All of the emotions that I have been holding back came flooding out, as soon as I heard that voicemail!
We were assigned a court date of August 3rd. We will fly to Ethiopia a couple of days in advance. Pray with us that all parties will have the needed paperwork at our court date and that we will PASS!
Thank you SO SO SO much to all that have faithfully prayed for us and that we would be able to see our girl before the courts close!







2 comments:
Only God!! Absolutely amazing!
Jana,
I have been waiting and praying for this news! Praise God!
So happy for your family!!
Your daughter is so precious!
Best Wishes!
Sherrie :)
Post a Comment