Sunday, September 23, 2012

"Nine Months Pregnant"

I have never been so ready for a weekend to be over and a wednesday to get here. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas....except I am afraid to get my hopes up and I am worried I will wake up to no gifts under the tree. Wednesday morning before the sun rises here in the U.S. we will hopefully receive an email from the US Embassy that says they have accepted our file and they will begin reviewing it for final clearance to bring Aven HOME! Needless to say, I probably won't sleep good that night and will be tossing and turning checking my email every hour. Our submission to Embassy (hopefully this wednesday) means we could be clear to bring her home in 4-6 weeks! We are praying for sooner, of course!

You know how in the ninth month of pregnancy you don't sleep a wink? You are so uncomfortable its impossible to sleep! Well, here we are in the "ninth month" (actually 12th month) of our "paper pregnancy". I will not be sleeping well from here on out. The US Embassy in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia starts their work day at 1:00 a.m. our time. So emails are usually received in the middle of the night. Forgive me if I am exhausted until I get that coveted email that tells us to come get our girl.......

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Right there with you!

Jessica said...

Right there with you!

Anonymous said...

Oh Jana!!! I am so excited for ya'll!!! Praying you get the email very early Wednesday morning and that Aven is home soon!!! Love ya!!

 

Pageviews last month