Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mother's Day and Family update

Last year THIS is where my heart was on Mother's Day. My heart was aching for my daughter. My heart was longing for my family to all be in one place. But this year, I am so thankful for my THREE kids that are ALL under one roof and celebrating being a mommy to all of them. I am still in awe almost daily that the Lord has blessed me with these 3. They are my heart and my joy! 

Aven has been home 5 months (tomorrow). She has changed so much even in the past few weeks. Her first tooth finally popped through a couple of weeks ago (at 16 months old) and her second was close behind. She is walking everywhere now and choosing to walk instead of crawl. She took her first steps around 14 months, but has still chosen to crawl everywhere she needs to go. A couple of weeks ago she decided that walking was her chosen form of transportation:) And she is finally really bonding with her daddy! She has done great with him since we brought her home in December....as long as I am nowhere near them. She would pitch a complete fit if he was the one holding her and I was anywhere nearby. That has changed in the past few weeks. She is completely content in his arms even if I am in the same room. She tries to get his attention and begs for him to make her giggle. She wants his affection now and is so excited when he walks in the door each day. It's been amazing to watch her transformation over the past few weeks! 

I remember watching the boys play in the yard last summer, and on many occasions thinking "next summer their little sister will be running around here with them!" It's so amazing to see them running around our farm together....just like I imagined.

0 comments:

 

Pageviews last month