Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Topsail- 4th of July

I love weeks with my family...especially at the beach house. We grew up there...our summers were spent there...and we have so many memories there! When I think of my summers as a child, the beach is what comes to mind. I love that now my boys get to enjoy it too! Its so crazy to me that there are pictures of me in that same house as a newborn, and now I have pictures of my kids there as well. What made this week even more special was that my brother was there with his wife and new baby:) It was Emmersyn's first trip to the beach house! I love having us all together and having a few days with my new niece to get to know her better.


Dad brought the boat and we all enjoyed skiing, tubing, and wakeboarding. Brody got in the tube for the first time by himself and LOVED it! he didnt want to stop! We told him the hand signal for how to get us to stop the boat if he needed us to. He would do it every once in awhile and when we would stop the boat and pull him in, he would get a big grin on his face and say he wanted to go again...little stinker:)


We started the process of teaching Brody to ski. Its so hard to believe that at his age (3 1/2), I was already learning to ski behind the boat! I dont know what my parents were thinking....Brody looks SO little to be doing something like that, LOL! Brian spent alot of time running around in the water pulling him around on this training board that we have and he was doing great! Hopefully with a few more trips to the lake this year, he will get better and better.


Levi went on the boat for the first time. He was not at all thrilled about the life jacket. He pretty much fussed and squirmed the whole entire time the boat wasn't moving, but thankfully as soon as the boat would take off, he was fine! He would fall asleep within 2 minutes of the boat starting up every time:)


Brody spent some time fishing with PopPop. He caught his first fish totally by himself this year:)


The fireworks are aways something to look forward to at our house every year. Our house sticks out on a point and we can see about 10 different sets of fireworks going off! You can see all of the surrounding towns, doing their big shows plus all of the other people that are doing them from their own houses. Brody was in AWE! Hes always loved fireworks and never been scared thankfully. He would just squeal and yell "KABOOM" with every firework that went off (which was alot of them!) He wanted to stay up until he didnt see anymore....which was extremely late!



It was such a perfect week with my family! I love them!

0 comments:

 

Pageviews last month