Thursday, December 13, 2012

Ethiopia Day 2- Embassy Day

Aven slept like a champ her first night...I however did not! I was wide awake for 4 hours in the middle of the night. Somehow I didn't mind though. My daughter was right next to me. I had no problem just watching her sleep:) Maybe that's why I couldn't go back to sleep.  This morning we woke up to a different girl. Yesterday she was sad and scared. Today she was comfortable with us and we played on the floor for most of the day. I had some sweet time with just her while Brian went out to get some things straight for our flight home. She took a great nap and then it was off the Embassy for our appointment! While we were sitting in the US Embassy waiting, we got our first smile and giggle out of her! I almost broke down crying right there on the spot! We played peek-a-boo with her blanket over and over again and each time she giggled I had to hold back the tears. As much as I don't want to relive yesterday, I would love to be able to show you how scared she was.  What a different child she was today!

After the many weeks we waited to be cleared by the US Embassy to bring Aven home, all it took was less than a minute at a window and we were cleared to bring her back to the US. We will get her passport and visa tomorrow, and then be on our way tomorrow night!

Brian got lots of giggles out of Aven this afternoon! She was having so much fun with her daddy! So thankful!





1 comments:

Emmaline Eble said...

Oh, so wonderful to hear!! It's going to be a joy for y'all, and everyone who loves you, to watch the bonds grow in your expanded family. I bet her brothers will get tons of giggles and smiles once she's comfortable with them, too. Wishing you safe travels with your baby girl...

 

Pageviews last month